School is the first place where a child begins communicating with other people and as responsible educators, it is our duty to provide a conducive atmosphere for learning and development. Fellow students and peers form a major component of the school environment. In the interest of our students and to foster the principles of inter-mingling, we ensure that students admitted to DPS possess certain qualities.
For admission in DPS, Silchar, please follow the below-mentioned procedure accurately.
Purchase Registration form and Prospectus from School
- Read the prospectus carefully before filling form.
- Check Age criteria () before applying for Admission to a class.
- Photocopies of the form will not be accepted.
Submit Filled Registration Form with required documents and Registration Fee
- Incomplete, illegible and overwritten Registration Forms will not be considered for admission.
- Registration Forms submitted after the last date will not be accepted.
Admission Test/ Interaction for all Eligible Candidates
- Basic Admission Test of English & Mathematics for Classes II and above.
- Candidates who clear the Admission Test will be enlisted for admission.
Selection Letter issues to Candidates who clear the test.
- Collect the Selection Letter from the school office within 3 days of declaration of the result.
- Admission fee to be deposited within 5 working days from collection of the Selection Letter.
Deposition of Fees and Submission of Documents
- Admissions for Classes II onwards require a Transfer Certificate from the previous school.
- Required Documents (See list below) and Fees to be deposited by the specified date.
- Selection for admission is subject to a candidate qualifying an entrance test/ interaction and availability of seat.
- Admission is strictly subject to fulfilling of all conditions and submission of requisite documents.
- The School Management, acting through the managing board reserves the right to have the final word in all matters relating to the admission procedure.
List of documents to be submitted with the Registration Form:
- Latest coloured passport size photograph of the student (1 one duly pasted on the form and 2 enclosed along).
- Latest coloured passport size photograph of the parents (Father & Mother).
- Attested Photocopy of student’s Birth Certificate issued by a competent Village/Municipal/Govt. Authority. (Affidavit or school certificate is not acceptable to certify DOB). Original birth certificate for verification.
- Attested copy of the report card (Classes I to VII) or mark sheets of the last yearly/ half yearly examination in the previous school.
- Address Proof: Pan Card/ Driving Licence/ Electricity Bill/ Adhaar Card/ Passport of parents.
- SC/ST/OBC/ Others certificate (if any).
- Undertaking duly singed by the parent.
- Pupil’s Medical Check-Up Report duly filled in by a doctor
Conditions for Confirming Provisional Admissions (After obtaining Selection Letter):
- Submission of Photocopy of Birth Certificate and Verification of Original Birth Certificate.
- Submission of Original Mark Sheet of the last exam of the last class attended.
- Submission of Original Transfer Certificate from last school attended (For Classes II and above)
- Deposition of Admission Fees, Annual Session Fee and first installment of quarterly Tuition Fees within the prescribed date.
- Submission of undertaking by parents & Medical Check Up Report filled by a Doctor in the prescribed format.